This brand has excellent choices of Casa Vieja ceiling fans that allow you to save some money on electricity and keeps you away from heat and save the cost of AC. There is no doubt that the units of this brand are efficient, but at times, they may stop working.
For instance, the fan may stop working and when you turn it on it may not rotate and can be noisy when rotating. You need to do your best and find out the best troubleshooting steps to fix the issue whatever the problem is, you need to make sure that your unit starts working again.
The issue can be fixed on your Casa Vieja fan by finding out the cause behind it.
For instance, if the ceiling fan is making noise. You need to check and make sure that the motor housing screws are tight.
Secondly, the issue can be due to the wire nut connections, they may be rubbing against each other or the interior wall of the switch housing. The upper canopy might have a short distance from the ceiling. If that is the case, you need to ensure that the canopy is not touching the ceiling.
Here is a step by step guide on Case Vieja fans troubleshooting and how to fix some of them.
1. Casa Vieja ceiling fan works, but lights won’t turn on
When a Casa Vieja ceiling fan is working and lights are not, the most possible issue can be with a light bulb, it could be burned out/fused.
But the issue is not always easy to find. It could be due to the heat generated by electric supply that has contracted or expanded electrical wires resulting in them becoming loose.
Here are some helpful troubleshooting steps which you can follow:
- Ensure that the light sockets are not damaged, burned or charred. Otherwise, you will need a new socket so you can install it.
- Check and make sure that the pull chain switch is not broken.
- Check that the filaments are not broken by removing the light bulb from the light socket. You may have to replace the bulb if needed.
- Check the switch housing wires to make sure that they are not loose and intact.
If the pull chain light switch is not working, then you will have to change it. Also, examine the signs of corrosion from the sides of the socket or wipe them with the help of a soft cloth.
If you have tried all the troubleshooting tips but the bulb is not working yet, you need to read this detailed guide to fix ceiling fan lights.
2. How to troubleshoot Casa Vieja remote programming malfunction
To control the ceiling fan, the default programming of the Casa Vieja remote will be ideal for you. It helps you to control the light switch, turn ON or OFF the fan and adjust its speed levels.
But if the programming of the remote has malfunctioned, you can try to fix it by following these instructions:
- Ensure that you have set the dip switches correctly.
- Check there is no obstruction between the unit and the remote control.
- Make sure that the batteries are fully charged. Otherwise, you need to change them.
If the remote dip switches are set incorrectly, here is how you can troubleshoot it and set them according to the frequency:
- Firstly, turn off the circuit breaker.
- Separate the ceiling fan canopy from the mounting bracket.
- Find the receiver and check the dip switch settings. They are similar to four sliding buttons.
- Slide the buttons with the help of a screwdriver to and create a new frequency combination.
- Remember the new dip switch setting.
- Attach the canopy and return the receiver to the unit.
- Now, turn on the power.
After making the adjustments to the frequency on the dip switches, the same process should be done on the remote. Here is a step by step guide on how to reset a Casa Vieja ceiling fan remote control.
- Pull out the batteries from the remote.
- Dissemble the back of the remote.
- You will see a small panel that protects the dip switches.
- Get rid of the panel
- Slide the buttons with the help of a screwdriver to match the frequently of the ceiling fan receiver you noted earlier.
- Change the batteries and assemble the remote.
After assembling, check the remote to ensure that it is operating the ceiling fan properly.
If the Casa Vieja fan remote is not working, it is because the remote is out of the range of the ceiling fan to receive the signal. To operate it, you have to be within the range of 40 feet from the unit.
3. Casa Vieja ceiling fan won’t turn on
If Casa Vieja ceiling fan is not turning on, try these steps to fix the problem:
- Find issues by checking the circuit fuses or breakers.
- You need to make sure that the frequency on the dip switches from the transmitter to the receiver are matching.
- Ensure that the connections in the switch housing are secure. If one of the wires are not connected, the unit will not function.
Also, to find a slide switch, look on the side of the canopy. Try to move the switch to figure out any effect.
If there is nothing, either the switch is not working or the connections to it may have disconnected.
4. Ceiling fan won’t stop
When a Casa Vieja ceiling fan is not stopping and running continuously, the problem could be in the original wiring of the unit. Usually, a house owner can get a ceiling fan or lighting fixture and attach it with a single electrical switch.
The user may want to get two pull chains on the fixture, on to manage the fan and the other to control the light. You will expect that the chain will turn ON or OFF the fan. But whenever it is ON, the motor will start functioning.
The installer changed the pull chain switch with the light switch that is a better explanation of the problem. Also, the issue could be that you have a short switch so you need to replace it.
If your ceiling fan contains three speed levels, you may have set it to FAST MODE. When you will turn it OFF, it will not stop instantly.
As a result, the speed will reduce slowly and go to MEDIUM MODE, then LOW SPEED and in the end stop. This process needs to be done especially if the unit is older.
5. Remote receiver is not working
When your remote receiver of Casa Vieja is not working, the reason can be the non-matching frequency. It can be fixed by changing the position of the dip switches.
The dip switches need to be on the same frequency to match each other. You can follow step number two to get more instructions.
6. How to fix a wobbling Casa Vieja ceiling fan
If your Casa Vieja ceiling fan is wobbling, you need to troubleshoot it by doing this:
- Ensure that all blade and arm screws are snug properly.
- Check the blade levels and make sure they are equal.
- The ceiling fan comes with an enclosed blade balancing kit, use it to secure the ceiling fan.
You may have to exchange two adjacent blades to divide the weight and enable a smoother experience.
You can fix issues with a Casa Vieja fan by finding the root cause. For instance, a wobbling unit indicates that the blade and arm screws are not secure and the levels are also not equal. If the remote control is not working, you need to make sure the batteries contain enough power, or the receiver and the fan is on the same frequency. When the ceiling fan runs continuously, a shot in the switch may occur.
Home Decorators collection ceiling fan troubleshooting
Leave a Comment