Hampton bay ceiling fans are some of the most reliable brands available in the market. The quality replacement parts of this brand make it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. After using for a while, you will come across that plenty of Hampton bay ceiling fan problems that need troubleshooting. Therefore, it is mandatory to maintain your product after using it for a while.
If Hampton Bay ceiling fan stopped working suddenly, one issue can be poor wire connections inside the fan. The other problems include the Hampton bay ceiling fan is wobbling, noisy, won’t turn off and the lights stop working. In addition, you may also face the issue of Hampton bay remote control that which is challenging to operate.
Whenever you come across a problem with your fan, you need to know the exact cause of the issue to fix it quickly.
Follow the following Hampton Bay ceiling fan troubleshooting steps to fix your Hampton bay ceiling fan.
Hampton Bay ceiling fan light won’t work
If the ceiling fan light is not working, you can troubleshoot it in the following ways:
- If the fan is working but light isn’t, check the bulbs to make sure that they are well secured or screwed in
- If a bulb is not working, replace it with a new bulb
Hampton bay ceiling fan light not working problem can occur because of a wattage problem. It is due to the fact that it comes with a wattage limiting component. If the wattage exceeds 190 watts, the light kit will be disabled.
Reset the kit, turn off the power and replace the incandescent units to maintain the wattage below 190 watts. After doing that, restore the power of the unit and start using it. Check this related guide on how to reset the ceiling fan unit.
Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote control not Working
You are experiencing Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote not working issue due to these reasons:
- You are not in the range – Operate it within 20 feet distance
- Your batteries are dead– change the old ones with new ones
There is another problem that can result in this issue that is the receiver and remote control are not on the same frequency. A quick way to reset Hampton bay remote control.
- Firstly, turn off the power supply
- Slide the code switches on the remote to your preferred frequency and do the same to the receiver
- When sliding the switches either up or down, make sure that both are in the same direction or position to match the frequency
You need to set the code or dip switches in the same order, (receiver and remote) to finish the remote programming. The same programming will also work if the remote light dimmer is not working.
Hampton Bay Blades are not Spinning
It is not a common problem that ceiling fan blades do not spin or turn. It can occur due to the lack of cleaning and lubrication of the unit. The rest of the cases may indicate the aging of motor, or the blade bearings have stopped working. Here are the possible troubleshooting.
- Turn on the ceiling fan to determine whether the motor is making a noise or not. If not, it means that you fan motor is not working or the capacitor of the fan is not working, so change it or the whole fan.
- Check for dust at the point where the blades connect to the motor and bearing and clean the dust
- Add some lubricant into the intersection between the bearing and the blades to fix the issue
At times, the blades of the ceiling fan do not spin due to the breaking down so the only fix for this issue is to get new Hampton bay replacement blades or buy a new unit here.
Hampton Bay Ceiling fan is spinning but no air
You can fix a ceiling fan that spins but not providing air:
- The first step is to make sure that you have installed the blades in the proper direction
- The second step is to make sure that the down rod size is longer and it is not close to the ceiling
- Lastly, ensure that the reverse switch is in the right position
You can also check Hampton Bay Manual to see the direction and positioning of the unit, even if it does not have a reverse direction.
Hampton Bay fan changes speed on its own
If your Hampton Bay fan remote is not working and the fan has started to change its speed settings on its own, it can be happened due to these reasons:
- The receiver on the remote control system is not working anymore, so the only fix is to change the new remote and buy it here
- There is radio frequency interference nearby that is transmitting on a frequency that is mirroring the receiver/remote frequency and it can be fixed by changing the settings of remote and dip switches and change them to the same frequency to fix the issue.
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Won’t Start
If your ceiling fan has stopped working:
- Check the circuit breaker of your home and see if it is working properly.
- Secondly, turn off the power and check the wire connections in your Hampton Bay ceiling fan.
Now open the fan and check the supply wires from the house to make sure they are connected properly.
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan is Making Noise
Hampton Bay ceiling fans are designed to run quietly, but if your ceiling fan is making a lot of noise, follow these steps to avoid it:
- Tighten all motor housing screws.
- Tighten the screws that attach the fan blade bracket to the motor hub.
- Tighten the screws to secure the glassware of the light fixture.
- Screw the light bulbs securely.
If your Hampton bay fan is still noisy, turn off the power and follow these steps:
- Firstly, check the wire nut connections. They may be rattling against each other or against the wall of the switch housing and making noises.
- After doing so, check the rubber pads between the mounting plate and outlet box.
- Go through your ceiling outlet box and ensure that it is secure.
- Lastly, check the remote control. Bypass the receiver and direct wire your fan to the switch. If the noise stops, then you may need to replace the receiver. If the noise continues, your capacitor may be the problem.
General Tip: If your fan is new, give it one day or 24 hours to “break in” before trying to address any noise issues.
Hampton Bay Fan is Wobbling
First of all, you try these steps to fix the wobbling fan, run the fan for atleast 10 minutes for self adjustment.
- Tight the screws in the junction box, on the down rod, on the blades and the blade brackets to secure them
- Ensure the blades are firmly attached to the brackets and the brackets to the motor housing and run the fan to check before you move to the next step
- Blades should be within 1/8 inch of one another, so ensure they are maintaining this level. You can do it by measuring the distance between the ceiling and the tip of the blades. Now, measure from the center of each blade to the point on the ceiling.
- Move to the next blade into position and measure it and repeat the same process unless you measure all the blades of the fan. If the difference is greater than 1/8 inch, you need a balancing kit for balancing. Most ceiling fans come with a balancing kit, if your fan does not have one then get one separately.
Hampton Bay Fan Motor is not running
Hampton Bay units hardly have motor issues. To fix this, you need to check whether there are any power issues by checking the lights. If they are working, you need to contact the customer support of Hampton bay @ (855-434-2678).
Hampton Bay fan is crooked
If your unit is not hanging straight do this:
- Ensure that the downrod is securely installed inside of the mounting bracket so it does not shake while it is rotating
- The next step is to ensure that your downrod has the appropriate diameter for you ceiling fan and its height. You can check this in your Hampton Bay owner’s manual here.
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan light bulbs are not fixing
It is because the candelabra bulbs are available in different sizes, the problem is occurring because you are using too large or too small bulbs. Therefore, they are not fit in the ceiling fan light kit, read the user manual to check the appropriate size.
Hampton Bay ceiling fan is smoking
Whenever you see this, turn off the power of your Hampton bay fan. This sign shows that your fan is damaged or your receiver or capacitor needs to be changed. Check the warranty information available on the manual.
Hampton Bay Blades are Drooping
The main reason of this issue is that people use the ceiling fan outside even it is not rated for outdoor use. Weather conditions including heat and humidity warp the blades and you can fix it by installation of the fan indoor.
There are a number of reasons why your Hampton bay ceiling fan stop working, it can also stop working due to aging. If the ceiling fan is spinning and not blowing air, the blades are not in the correct direction. We hope that you can fix various issues by going through this Hampton bay ceiling fan troubleshooting guide or tips. Additionally, if your ceiling fan is still troubling you, get a technician for professional assistance.