The company of Casablanca ceiling fans had been doing business since 1974 and they grew their business rapidly during the span of energy crisis in the seventies. The brand of Casablanca offers cross laminated blades with six layers of wood and furniture grade wood veener.
Instead of all the merits of this ceiling fan company, it is an electronic device that can cause problems and even fail to function in proper way. If you are experiencing problems with the Casablanca fan, here is the guide to troubleshooting your problems and fix them.
Common Casablanca Ceiling Fans Problems
- Casablanca ceiling Fan is not Working or Start
- Fan is wobbling or shaking excessively
- The fan is making noise while operating
- Ceiling fan is unable to run at slow speed
- Light is too dim
- Remote control is not working correctly
We shall solve these problems step by step.
First of all, check the tightness of the screws using a screwdriver, if they are not tight, tighten them.
1: Ceiling Fan is not working or start
- First of all, check the main circuit breakers, circuit fuses and wall switch position. In order to do this inspection, turn off the power and also check the wire connections.
- Additionally, check the connection of the pin connectors as they may not making good contact.
- Now, check the receiver of the fan, it may be possible that it is defective so change it.
- Now, check the frequency settings.
- Change the batteries of remote control if your fan won’t start.
2: Fan is Wobbling or Shaking
- Firstly, verify that the canopy pin is properly set into the slot of the ball.
- Now, check the balance of the blades with the balancing kit, blade holders are not bent while installation.
- Ensure that hanger bracket is tightly attached with the ceiling outlet box.
- Now, make sure that downrod is assembled correctly and all the screws are snug.
- Check the glass shade screws, lighting fixture screws and light bulb and tight them if they are loose.
- Lastly, check all the screws in the motor housing are snug and do not over tight them.
3: Fan is Making Noise While Operating
- First of all, check the glass shade screws, lighting fixture screws and light bulbs whether they are loose or tight, if they are loose, tight them.
- Tighten canopy screws.
- Check that all screws in the motor housing are snug and tighten them if necessary.
- Tight the blade holders to flywheel and blades to the bladeholder screws.
- Change the defective bulb.
4: Ceiling Fan is not working at Low Speed
If you are operating the fan at slow speed with a remote control, and it won’t run at a slow speed allow the fan to break-in.
5: Light Problems
Fan is working fine but light isn’t: It means that either you have a defective motor or defective receiver or broken socket so change them.
Fan and light on full, unable to control: It is happening because of the defective receiver, change it.
Fan is ok but light is not dim: It is happening because of the defective receiver, change it.
6: Fan Starts working itself
It happens because of frequency interference; change the frequency.
7: Casablanca Remote Control Troubleshooting
If your Casablanca fan remote is not working:
- First of all, check the batteries and if they are not working, replace them.
- Check the light of remote control whether it is turning on or not.
- Use alkaline batteries for the ideal battery life. Replace the current batteries with alkaline batteries.
8: Casablanca Fans Control Switches Troubleshooting
Click the link to see the video
Leave a Comment