Is there an issue with your Arlec ceiling fan? How will you troubleshoot the problem and fix it?
Ceiling fan issues have become common now. The issues range from simple flickering light to complex problems like a fan that won’t turn on.
These problems can make the owners panic, especially during the hot days of summer when this is the only way to keep yourself cool.
If your fan is not working, the wise decision is to call a professional by calling him. However, some of these problems are easy to solve, troubleshoot and fix, saving you money and time.
Below, you will see a detailed Arlec fan troubleshooting guide, which can be used to identify the culprit of your ceiling fan troubles and fix them.
Common Arlec ceiling fan issues
There are several problems that you can face with an Arlec ceiling fan. Here is the list of the most common ones:
- Arlec ceiling fan is not responding to a remote
- The lights are working but the ceiling fan isn’t
- Arlec ceiling fan will not start
- Fan wobbles while rotating
- The fan creates a noisy sound when running
How to troubleshoot and fix an Arlec ceiling fan?
Here are the troubleshooting guide that you can use to solve your Arlec ceiling fan issues and depends on the problem you are experiencing:
1. Arlec ceiling fan will not start
Is your Arlec fan not turning on? There are several reasons why you are facing it such as loose power connection, blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker, problems with the speed controller or problem with the main power supply.
Let’s have a look at how can you troubleshoot the problems:
- Firstly, make sure that you have the power supply in the house. A blackout may be the cause that the fan is not working. It could also happen due to the tripping of the breaker, or you could have blown a fuse.
- After checking the power, the next step is to examine whether the power line connection to your fan is faulty. You need to ensure that there are no loose or damaged power lines. If you see them, they can be fixed yourself (if you have electrical knowledge) or call a professional.
- After checking the power line to the fan, if it is function, the next thing is to make sure that the speed controller is set to the lowest speed. The reason behind it is that some ceiling fan models may not be able to start at a higher speed.
- If you use a remote to turn on your fan, the problem could be the remote. First, make sure the batteries are placed correctly and are also working. Try starting the unit with a wall switch to see if it works.
If your ceiling fan is still not working, it is happening due to an overheated motor or other damaged internal parts. If that is the case, an authorized professional should be appointed to do the task.
2. Arlec ceiling fan is not working, but the light does
Is your Arlec ceiling fan light working, but your fan won’t work?
Here are the steps on how to troubleshoot and fix it:
- If the light kit is working, it means power is fine. However, it could be happening to you due to damaged or loose wiring to the fan motor. Open the fan housing to see if there are any damaged wires.
- Try to rotate your ceiling fan blades from your hand. If they are not spinning, you might be facing a broken flywheel or faulty bearings. You need to replace them for your fan to work.
- Try listening to a soft humming sound when your ceiling fan is switched on. The humming could be a sign of a blown capacitor.
- Also, open the ceiling fan housing and see if there are signs of any damaged components. The damage can be a result of overheating.
If you are able to detect the signs of damaged or faulty fan parts, you should call a certified professional to repair or replace them.
3. Arlec ceiling fan is not responding to a remote
Is your ceiling fan not working with the remote control? Remote controlled ceiling fans from Arlec also cause common problems.
To troubleshoot the problem:
- The first step is to ensure that there are batteries in your remote. The next thing is to make sure that they are correctly installed, especially if it is a new one.
- If you have an old remote, you need to check if the batteries are dead. If they are, you need to replace the batteries with new ones and start using the remote.
- Another reason your remote control has stopped working is if it is not compatible with the frequency as the ceiling fan. In this case, again, resetting the remote control will fix the problem.
- To reset an Arlec fan remote, turn off the ceiling fan and turn it on again with the help of the wall switch. After switching the fan on, press and hold the ON/OFF button (for at least 5 seconds) until you hear a beep sound.
- In the end, the controller is dead, so you might have to change it. Arlec ceiling fan remote replacement is very easy – get a new remote control and pair it to your Arlec fan.
- To connect an Arlec ceiling fan to your new controller, switch on the fan from the wall switch. After doing so, press and hold the power button until you hear a beep. Apart from that, you need to make sure that the batteries are properly installed in the remote when performing this step.
4. Arlec Fan wobbles when spinning
Another common problem is that your Arlec ceiling fan is wobbling when you switch it on. It could be happening due to many reasons including loose blade screws or fan blades that are not properly placed.
To fix the issue:
- The first thing is to make sure that all screws in the ceiling fan are tightened.
- The next step is to ensure that the blades are completely horizontal to the ceiling. It can be done visually or measure the distance from the ceiling to every blade tip.
- If any of the blades is not horizontal to the ceiling, you can correct its alignment by applying the light pressure either up or downwards.
- Your fan’s blades could also be imbalanced, especially if they are not cleaned and gathered too much dirt and debris. Use the damp cloth to wipe them until they are clean, then turn on the fan.
5. Arlec fan makes a noisy sound when Running
Does your Arlec fan make a noisy sound when spinning? There can be several possible causes of this such as loose screws, incompatible light kit, loose light kit, and loose hanging bracket etc.
It can be fixed by following these steps:
- Examine that all the screws in the ceiling fan are firmly tight. If they are, you can still retighten them to ensure, but do not try to over-tighten them.
- The next step is to ensure that ceiling fan is tightly secured to the ceiling. If it is not, tighten the hanging bracket or plate again.
- Ensure that you have installed the correct light kit on your ceiling fan. The light bulbs need to be tightly secured to the light socket too.
- In the end, the noise could be coming from the fan due to overuse. If that is the case, you need to give it a rest for a few hours before using it on again.
The above-mentioned are some of the most common issues that Arlec ceiling fans have. Luckily, you can fix and solve most of these problems by yourself by following the above instructions.
However, if you failed, you should contact Arlec customer care for next-level troubleshooting. On the other hand, you can call an authorized professional to do the maintenance and repairs.